- Best Record.
- Head to Head (tied teams).
Does not apply if all tied teams have not played each other or have at least one win and one loss against all other tied teams. Exception: One team has beaten or lost to ALL tied teams. Head to head will apply to that team only. The remaining tied teams will continue to the next tie breaker.
- Fewest runs allowed to Common Opponents. A “Common Opponent” is defined as: A team or teams that all tied teams have played. If the tied teams have a common opponent – the runs will be totaled of only the Common Opponents. Keep in mind, you cannot play yourself, so runs that other teams allowed to your team or that you allowed to their team are not considered.
- Fewest runs allowed to All Opponents.
- Coin Flip or 3 inning playoff game per the discretion of RMSB.
- Wildcard teams are determined by best record and total runs allowed amongst all teams that did not qualify through their pool. Head to head and runs allowed against common opponent will be used when/if applicable. Example: Two teams from the same pool are tied (only teams tied) for a wildcard spot and they played head to head or have common opponents.
Note: Pool Winners and Wild Card teams are re-seeded once all Qualified Teams are known. It is possible for a Wild Card team to be seeded higher than a Pool Winner.
- In the case that there are multiple 4-0 teams in a Pool RMSB reserves the right to hold a 3 inning Play-In-Game between the 4-0 teams rather than not qualifying a 4-0 team.
- Fewest runs allowed by common opponent OR fewest runs allowed (all opponents) may be the determining factor for the teams that qualify for the Championship/Consolation Games. It is possible that more than one team per Pool will have a 4-0 record.
- Pool Winners and Wild Card teams are re-seeded once all Qualified Teams are known. It is possible for a Wild Card team to be seeded higher than a Pool Winner.
- If 3 or more teams are tied and the tiebreaker either seeds or eliminates one of the tied teams; continuing to break the tie for the remaining tied teams head to head will be applied to the remaining tied teams (when applicable) before continuing to total runs allowed.
- Example: 3 teams are Tied
1) All 3 teams beat each other
2a) Common opponent runs allowed
Team A – allowed 8 runs
Team B – allowed 10 runs
Team C – allowed 10 runs
Team C – Beat Team B
Team A – #1 seed
Team C – #2 seed
2c) If teams B and C did not play each other the tiebreaker proceeds to Total Runs Allowed.
“Individual awards will be given for 1st & 2nd Place”
©2023 RMSB – 542 S. 330 W. Providence, UT 84332 – (435) 753-5662